Weber High School is a 5A Utah secondary school with an enrollment of approximately 1800 students. Weber is located in Pleasant View, Utah about 5 miles north of Ogden,Utah. It serves the residents of Pleasant View, North Ogden, Harrisville, Huntsville, Eden, and Liberty. ·It is part of the Weber School District and includes grades 10-12. Weber offers 16 AP Courses and multiple con-current enrollment courses.
The original location of Weber High School was between 11th and 12th Street on the east side of Washington Boulevard in Ogden (site of a Shopko store from the mid-1980's - present). In 1926, Weber County voters approved a $300,000 bond for a county high school by a vote of 733 to 480. Construction of the building began in 1926 and was completed in 1927. Educators began holding school in the building in October of 1926, with Keith Wahlquist as principal, although the school was still under construction.
Weber High School was the first high school built for Weber County students, providing education for youth throughout the Ogden Valley, as well as the counties surrounding the Ogden area. As the population of Weber County grew, so did the Weber High School student body. Even though the school was well-equipped, additions were eventually needed to provide appropriate educational opportunities. Cottages, shops, an aeronautics lab, a cafeteria, and a football field were slowly added to the structure.
Weber High School’s population load was eased with the construction of Bonneville High School in 1960 and Roy High School in 1965. These two schools absorbed Weber students from the south end of the Ogden valley. By 1973 Weber High School had finally outgrown its location, and the Warriors moved to a new campus. The new Weber High was built at the base of Ben Lomond Peak in the city of Pleasant View at 430 West 3100 North on an attractive 70-acre campus. Beautiful trees, large, flowing lawns, and a majestic view add a special magnificence to the home of the Warriors.
The incredible growth in the area prompted almost immediate modifications to the structure with the addition of classrooms and other workspaces. In 1994, with a student population of over 2,500, Weber High School bid farewell to Warriors from the northwest region of Weber County. These students were fortunate to become Silverwolves at the newly-built Fremont High School. The addition of this new facility allowed the population of Weber High to stabilize at approximately 1,800.